Often referred to as "bee glue", bee propolis has been popular due to its essential benefits. Based on facts, bee propolis is a resinous mixture which is made by bees using tree buds, sap flows or other botanical resources. Typically, the highlight benefits of bee propolis focuses on the health wellness whereas its advantages evolves in folk medicine since the ancient times.
The propolis unique composition as well as its capability to promote general nutritional health as well as its supplemental benefits in promoting optimal health is the reasons why most people do consider this type of health regimen. Basically, the benefits of bee propolist are due to it components such as protein, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and flavonoids. Hence, in order to know more about the well known health benefits of bee propolis, here are some of the advantages belonging to this amazing type of bee product.
· Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects: since prehistoric era, researches have shown that propolis can internally combat certain unwanted manifestations in the body such as bacterial, fungal, parasitic or viral infections which are found in tuberculosis, malaria or even in colds. Furthermore, it has been also known to promote faster wound healing as it inhibits inflammation as well as prevent the occurrence of infections.
· It can manage ulcers and ulcerative colitis: the tough healing effect on digestive organs as well as in the stomach and bowls are mainly due to its flavonoid components. In addition, since peptic ulcers as well as ulcerative colitis can cause inflammation in some of the parts in the digestive system, the propolis essential anti-inflammatory benefits can prevent the occurrence of such condition.
· Dental anti-plaque agent: as subject by recent dentistry studies, one of the benefits of bee propolis that experts must look upon to is its ability to protect the oral cavity against dental caries and other forms of oral diseases. Its antimicrobial properties have made this treatment possible as it fights against different kinds of infections. Furthermore, the benefits of bee propolis can also be used as a treatment for canker sores which is a painful open sore in the mouth as well as in canal debridement for endodontic procedures.
· Anti-tumor growth agent: in actual fact, bee propolis can also be an effective agent against tumor growth as it inhibits tumorigenesis which literally the origin of cancer. Fundamentally, studies have shown that propolis can induce cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Moreover, it can also reduce growth expression and other transcription factors particularly caffeic acid phenethyl ester which is considered to be responsible for the resistance of cancer cell to chemotherapeutic agents.
· Good source of antioxidants: studies have shown that one of the most useful benefits of bee propolis is due to flavonoids. Essentially, researches have reported that certain flavonoids such as chrysin are good source of antioxidant compounds which is basically a good thing. Antioxidants are substances that may protect the cells against the effects of free radicals which include damaging of cells and can practically trigger heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
RELATED: 9 Health Benefits of Ashwagandha the Super Adaptogen
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Calin_Balas/1313226