Enjoying the sun in summer is part of the seasonal ritual. Therefore, any type of skin is susceptible to the sun's rays. However, there are some sensitive dermis that need more care, so today you will know the 3 types of skin most sensitive to the sun's rays.
The type of skin is highly conditioned by genetics. In turn, skin types are determined by anatomy and physiology, which are responsible for differentiating the skin by color and flexibility.
Melanin is the substance that will determine the color of the skin. If the skin is dark is due to the production of eumelanin, and light skin is due to pheomelanin.
Among the functions of the skin is to provide protection against the external environment. Its goal is to minimize body temperature and protect the body from the sun's rays.
Skin types according to color are measured by the Fitzpatrick scale, which divides the skin into 6 phototypes. Skin types 1, 2 and 3 are characteristic of white and Caucasian people. On the other hand, skins type 4, 5 and 6 refer to brown skin and color.
In summer you should protect your skin and use sunscreen with the most appropriate protection factor in your case. Skin types 1, 2 and 3 are more sensitive to the sun's rays. Here you will learn how to protect them from the sun.
Read also: How to Get Rid Of Dark Knees Naturally
Phototype I. Very clear skin
This type of skin is characteristic of people with very fair skin, redheads with blue eyes and freckles on the body. Prolonged exposure to the sun's rays can cause severe skin burns because melanin is weak and penetration is higher.
The tanning of these people is presented with red marks on the skin and the healing process of sunburn can be painful. The face and back are the most sensitive parts of this type of skin, because the sun's rays reach directly to the epidermis.
- If you are very white and have this type of skin, you should be more careful and use sunscreen before exposing yourself to the sun.
- The protection factor of the sunscreen will be the highest, to avoid burns and dry skin.
Phototype II. Fair skin
White people with blue eyes and blond hair are the ones with phototype II on their skin. Their exposure to the sun is small, but they absorb the sun's rays quickly.
Sun exposure to this type of skin can cause burns and pigmentation. As with the previous phototype, there are red marks caused by tanning. However, the healing process, in this case, will be faster.
- This type of skin should be protected using sunscreen and summer accessories.
- The sunscreen protection factor should also be high. If you are blonde and have this type of skin, avoid direct exposure to the sun and take care.
Phototype III. Darker white skin
- This phototype burns moderately, compared to types I and II. This is due to the constant production of melanin and skin structure.
- Burns in Caucasians are mild and should be protected with sunscreen.
These 3 skin phototypes should be taken care of because they are more sensitive and the sun's rays penetrate with speed.
Recommendations for skin types I, II and III
Keep these recommendations in mind so that you can enjoy the sun without any problem if you belong to any of the groups mentioned:
- Use sunscreen on the face and extremities of the body.
- The protection factor of sunscreens should be high. Remember that the protection factor for the face will be higher.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun's rays during the hours of greatest radiation. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. are the hours in which the sun penetrates more into the skin.
- Apply sunscreen constantly: every 2 hours you must apply cream and thus moisturize the skin.
- Remember to use accessories such as sunglasses and hats, to prevent the sun's rays from reaching the face skin.
- Moisturize your skin constantly and consume plenty of water.
You already know your skin type and with these simple tips you can enjoy the summer. Protect your skin from the sun's rays: this way you will avoid burns and injuries. And enjoy the sun without getting burned.