1. Hair Spray for Fine Hair
- 1 chopped-up lemon or orange
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 1 oz. bay rum (to preserve the mixture)
- Boil the chopped lemon or orange with water in a double boiler on the stove.
- Simmer, add bay rum, and reduce the liquid by about half.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and pour into a spritz bottle.
- Add extra water to thin if desired.
Tip: Ideal for fine hair and gentle enough for children. Make it fresh and store in the fridge for a refreshing burst.
2. Treatment for Chlorine Damaged Hair
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 of a peeled cucumber
- Blend the egg, olive oil, and cucumber into a spread.
- Apply the mixture thoroughly into your hair.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
Tip: Perfect for those combating chlorine damage, repeat applications monthly for a rejuvenated look.
3. Rinse for Shiny, Glossy Hair
- 1 oz. wine vinegar
- 6 oz. bottled water
- 10 to 12 drops of essential oils (jasmine, lavender, rosemary)
- Pour the mixture over hair after shampooing and rinsing.
- Massage into your scalp.
- Rinse with clean water (preferably cool).
- Repeat three times a week to restore luster to dry hair.
Tip: The vinegar helps restore the natural pH balance, combating dry, dull hair.
4. Frizz Taming Conditioner
- 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- Mix egg and yogurt into a bowl.
- Massage into your head after shampooing.
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Tip: Say goodbye to fly-aways and frizz, and hello to soft, nourished hair.
5. Rejuvenating Hair Brush Treatment
- 1 oz. oil of Rosemary
- 1/8 oz. oil of Lavender
- Mix the two oils together and store in a small dark vial or bottle.
- Before brushing your hair, put a few drops on your palm.
- Rub your clean hairbrush into it.
- Brush your hair 100 times, standing both upright and hanging your head upside down.
Tip: This mixture guarantees healthy, shiny hair and helps eliminate static electricity.
6. Dry Hair Moisturizing Shampoo
- ½ cup of Liquid Castile soap (or baby shampoo)
- ½ cup of mashed avocado
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Apply to thoroughly wet hair as you would any other shampoo.
- Massage into the scalp and work to the ends of the hair.
- Add a little more water, work into a lather, and rinse as usual.
Tip: The avocado in this treatment delivers strength and moisture, perfect for dry hair.
Read also: Homemade Masks for Dry Hair
Embark on your journey to naturally beautiful hair by incorporating these DIY recipes into your routine. Revel in the goodness of nature, and let your hair shine with health and vitality!