This particular recipe is one of my favorites because I love peppers and spring onions on their own, so to be able to incorporate it into hummus and it taste good was ideal. It is so quick to whiz up and is a great base for a main dish or even just as a side as a dip, hummus is so versatile and I love making my own.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
- 1x can of chickpeas
- 1x red pepper
- 4 x spring onions
- 1tbsp Tahini
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 4tbsps water
- Garlic salt
Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop the red pepper and spring onion. Put on a baking tray and lightly coat with oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Roast in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, water, salt and pepper to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the roasted pepper and spring onion to the mixture and continue to blitz until smooth.
This is a great snack on its own; full of flavor from the roasted vegetables and seasoned just how you like it. This could be used to dip some vegetable sticks like celery, carrot or cucumber in.
I like to have this with another little drizzle of olive oil on the top, some smoked paprika sprinkled on top and tortilla chips to dip…yum!!
- Total calories: 407
- No of servings: 4 generous servings
- Per serving: 102 calories
RELATED: Turkey Burger Recipe: A Healthier Way To Enjoy An American Classic